Simple spice rubbed tender cod, topped with honey and Sriracha slaw, and roasted corn salsa. Cod is prepped and seared in pan to come together for a juicy bite. Make up the slaw and salsa ahead of time to get the prep work done and make this meal up in a matter of minutes!
Makes 12 street style tacos
Ingredients for the fish:
1 lb of cod fillet or loin
salt & pepper
For the slaw:
About 2 cups of shredded/diced red cabbage
juice of 1 lime
bunch of cilantro
3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of Sriracha
1 tablespoon of honey
salt & pepper
You'll need soft street style flour or corn tortillas
Method: for the fish
1. Take cod and liberally season all sides with chili, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper.
2. Turn on stove to high and heat up skillet pan and add a few tablespoons of cooking oil to coat the pan ( I used olive.)
3. When the pan is well heated add cod. Let sear 3-4 minutes on one side before flipping for an additional 3-4 minutes. It will only take a matter of minutes to cook. Fish is done when it white completely through.
4. Gently flake apart with a fork when ready to serve.
Method: for the slaw
1. Add cabbage to a medium sized bowl.
2. Chop up as much desired cilantro and add.
3. Squeeze in fresh lime juice and toss to coat.
4. In a small bowl add mayo, Sriracha, and honey, whisk with fork to combine.
5. Add to slaw and toss, being sure to coat completely. Add salt and pepper to taste.
To serve: Heat up tortillas if desired. Serve up tortilla with a portion of cod, scoop of slaw, and a couple spoonfuls of salsa. Have lime slices to squeeze on more juice if desired. Enjoy!